Blog – Latest Entries
Welcome to the Open Forum
In formal existence from 2009 to 2012, Open Forum for CSO Development Effectiveness is a global fully participatory space run by and for civil society organizations (CSOs) worldwide to improve the impact of their development work and advocate for more favorable government policies and practices for CSOs.
Through the Open Forum process, civil society developed the International Framework for CSO Development Effectiveness â€“ which includes the 8 Istanbul Principles and the critical conditions for Enabling Environment for CSOs - and launched a series of tools for its application at national level and by individual CSOs around the globe.
The International Framework for CSO Development Effectiveness is the first ever global statement from civil society on the effectiveness of CSOs work in development.
The International Framework consolidates the voices of thousands of CSOs as a result of numerous national, regional and thematic consultations and two Global Assemblies.
In the last phases of the process, Open Forum actively facilitated expertise- and information-sharing among CSOs planning or already in the process to put the International Framework for CSO Development Effectiveness into practice.
Explore the website to find out more about the resources and information on CSO Development Effectiveness!
New on the Open Forum Website
- Open Forum launches two new tools - CSO Wiki and Practitioner’s Activity Guide
- New beginnings for CSO Development Effectiveness - Final Open Forum Newsletter out now!
- The ’ABC’ of the new Global Civil Society Platform (CPDE)
- Principles for CSO Effectiveness on the Day of Human Rights - Development by and for the People!
- Civil society submission to the 1st meeting of the Global Partnership Steering Committee
- 1st Meeting of the Busan Global Partnership Steering Committee coming up
- Towards a new Global Partnership for Civil Society - final meeting 8-9 December in Nairobi, Kenya