Blog – Latest Entries
Latest News - Open Forum Blog
Here you can find the most up to date information on the activities of the Open Forum, including links, pictures, videos and reports. Please leave a comment if something sparks your interest!
This blog is also a place for partners to share their links, information and updates, so please feel free to post your own material as well. Just click the “Post a blog entry” button and start sharing!
Open Forum launches two new tools - CSO Wiki and Practitioner’s Activity Guide
20 December 2012
Just before the end of its 3-year mandate, Open Forum has officially launched two new resources to facilitate country-level application of the International Framework for CSO Development Effectiveness, which will come to supplement the Implementation and Advocacy Toolkits: the CSO Wiki and the Practitioner’s Activity Guide.
Download the Press Release: Effective development in practice - Civil society launches two new tools for worldwide implementation
WHAT? An interactive online platform and one-stop resource center for civil society practitioners who want to work on improving the impact and quality of their development work.
HOW TO USE IT? Whether you are starting to plan your work, or already have some tools and best practices to share, on this site you can access, share and rate tools, case studies and best practices from CSOs around the world, on implementing each of the eight Istanbul Principles and advocating for enabling environment.
To access the CSO Wiki:
(Available in English - Français - Espanol)
MORE INFORMATION: CSO Wiki webpage
Practitioner’s Activity Guide
WHAT? Process and collection of activities to start analysing how the Principles for CSO Development Effectiveness relate to your current work, and facilitate the first steps towards strategic planning for implementation.
HOW TO USE IT? Organize outreach workshops about CSO effectiveness, or undertake longer term reflection processes in your organization, to set the ground for the concrete implementation of the Principles in your work.
Download a copy of the Practitioners Activity Guide:
Also download the Practitioner’s Activity Guide flyer
MORE INFORMATION: Practitioner’s Activity Guide webpage
- New beginnings for CSO Development Effectiveness - Final Open Forum Newsletter out now! 17 December 2012
- The ’ABC’ of the new Global Civil Society Platform (CPDE) 13 December 2012
- Principles for CSO Effectiveness on the Day of Human Rights - Development by and for the People! 10 December 2012
- Civil society submission to the 1st meeting of the Global Partnership Steering Committee 5 December 2012
- 1st Meeting of the Busan Global Partnership Steering Committee coming up 30 November 2012
- Towards a new Global Partnership for Civil Society - final meeting 8-9 December in Nairobi, Kenya 27 November 2012
- CSO Development Effectiveness in the MENA region - regional workshop in Erbil, Iraq 26 November 2012
- Donor perpective on enabling environment - 12 Lessons from DAC Peer Reviews 21 November 2012
- More concerns on enabling environment and action going forward 19 November 2012
- 1st Meeting of the Busan Partnership Steering Committee announced 16 November 2012