Blog – Latest Entries
Country and Regional Initiatives
- Africa Platform for Development Effectiveness: brings consultation, coordination and a common voice to Africa’s development perspectives, strategies and policies focusing on capacity development, aid effectiveness and south-south cooperation in accordance with the definition of development effectiveness as the ability to achieve results that positively impact on people’s lives and societies in a sustainable way.
- Accountability Alert Sierra Leone
- Africa CSO Platform on Principled Partnership (ACPPP) and their Strategic Plan for 2011-2014
- Centre for Citizens’ Participation on the African Union: an Africa-wide platform set up to work with African CSOs in enabling them to engage with the African Union
- West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI): a special initiative of the Open Society Initiative for West Africa (OSIWA) established to enhance the functional capacity of civil society in West Africa.
- Civic Initiative Centre (CIC Georgia)
- India Credibility Alliance
- Integrated Social Development Effort (ISDE), Bangladesh
- Pakistan Centre for Philanthropy
- CPDG Philippines blog on CSO Development Effectiveness
- AidWatch Philipinnes
- TUSEV: supporting network of over 100 associations and foundations that share a vision of strengthening the legal, fiscal and operational infrastructure of the third (non-profit) sector in Turkey.
- LEAD Pakistan: Inspiring leadership for a sustainable work
- Alliance for Aid Monitor Nepal
- Balkan Civil Society Development Network
- British Overseas NGOs for Development (BOND): Effectiveness Programme
- Development Cooperation Today: a 2010 publication from Kepa Finland on development cooperation
- DOCHAS: The Irish Association of Non-Governmental Development Organizations development effectiveness website page, as well as the DOCHAS blog
- Gurt Resource Center (in Ukranian!)
- United Way Belarus: The Portal offers - Monitoring of Belarusian Newspapers, Projects of Belarusian NGOs, other Third Sector related information.
- European Alternatives: civil society organization devoted to exploring and promoting transnational politics and culture.
- Rendir Cuentas: Centro Virtual para la transparencia y la rendición de cuentas de la sociedad civil (in Spanish)
- Colombia: Red de ONG por la Transparencia
- InterAction’s Private Voluntary Organisation (PVO) Standards
- Canadian Council for International Cooperation
Website of the Candadian national platform. Contains resources on the consultations held under the auspices of the Advisory Group on Civil Society and Aid Effectiveness. Click here for CCIC’s inventory of ethics
- Australian Council for International Development (ACFID): Code of Conduct
- Code of Ethics of New Zealand’s Council for International Development
Internet portal of the Parallel CSO Process
International campaign aiming to kick-start and accelerate the post-2015 (and post Millennium Development Goals) planning process.
- Portal of National NGOs Platforms
- Reality of Aid
Website gathering a selection of reports on the regional workshops held under the auspices of the Advisory Group on Civil Society and Aid Effectiveness
- Advisory Group on Civil Society and Aid Effectiveness
Extranet site of the Advisory Group on Civil Society and Aid Effectiveness, hosted by the Canadian International Development Agency. Registration required (now latent)
- After Paris - Aid Effectiveness: where is it going and what could you do? (Video)
- Global Forum on NGO Governance
- Overseas Development Institute Britain’s leading independent think tank on international development and humanitarian issues.
- Social Watch: Poverty eradication and gender justice
- Unheard voices: From exterme poverty to social change
- The Caritas Internationalist (CI) Emergency Guidelines
- Active Learning Network for Accountability and Performance in Humanitarian Action (ALNAP)
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and NGOs in Disaster Response Programmes
- Humanitarian Accountability Partnership International (HAP)
- Global Trends in NGO Law: A quartlerly review on NGO law from ICNL
- Survival International: only organization working for tribal peoples’ rights worldwide. See illustrated booklet and report ’Progress Can Kill’
- Social Impact Bonds: an innovative way of attracting new investment around such outcomes-based contracts that benefit individuals and communities.
Partnership and Knowledge Sharing
Peace and Conflict Resolution
Transparency and Accountability
- OpenAid - Public online monitoring for better development aid
- One World Trust
Contains an inventory of CSO accountability initiatives
- Accountability Charter
This Charter was born out of deliberations of a number of prominent civil society leaders brought together annually since 2003 by the International Advocacy Non-Governmental Organisations (IANGO) Workshops.
- Publish What You Fund:
campaigns for aid transparency – more and better information about aid.
- CIVICUS Accountability Charter of International Non-Governmental Organisations